SWINDON TOWN SUPPORTERS CLUB – Constitution and Rules
The name of the club shall be Swindon Town Supporters Club and the address for correspondence is Swindon Town Supporters Club C/o The County Ground, Swindon Wiltshire. SN1 2ED
Mission Statement and vision.
The purpose of the Supporters Club is to support Swindon Town Football Club providing at the same time, both direct and indirect benefits to Supporters Club members and the football club’s own fan base.
Management of the Club
1) The Club will be managed by a Committee, who will appoint n Honorary Chairperson, Honorary Vice Chairperson and other officers as they see fit. Normally this will be expected to include: Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer and Honorary Membership Secretary.
2) The Committee will comprise of no more than 10 individuals including the chair. Existing Committee members will remain in office until such time as they need to seek re-election at an AGM, or there are grounds for removal, or they resign. Except that ….
No committee member shall serve for more than 5 years without going through re-election at an AGM by the members entitled to vote. Normally this would ensure that a minimum of two committee members put themselves forward at each AGM for possible re-election. The longest serving committee members shall be required to seek re-election if no other member of the committee has served for a 5 year term.
3) To serve on the committee you must be a member for 6 months. However, if co-opted by an existing committee, this qualification may be waived at the committee’s discretion but must be ratified as in paragraph 4.
4) Any sitting committee has the power to co-opt individuals to fill any gaps in numbers up to the maximum of 10. Co-opted individuals must always put themselves up for re-election at he next available AGM (or EGM) in addition to those members of committee described in the proviso in para 2.
Held monthly. No period of three months must pass without a meeting.
1)The committee is empowered to conduct all day to day business on behalf of members.
2) The committee decision is final in relation to any matter involving the Supporters Club and it has the power to deal with any matters not covered by these rules. ( For unresolved disputes see EGM)
Voting and procedures within Committee
1)A quorum is determined by the number of existing committee members.
2) A minimum of 50%of serving committee members are required to form a quorum. If there is a tied vote, the Chairperson, but in their absence the vice chair has the casting vote.
a) If either is not present then support of over 50% of those present is required to support a proposal.
3) All methods of communication may be used outside of a meeting to facilitate urgent decision making.
4) All decisions must be recorded by the Secretary and minuted.
a) Re-elect Committee members.
b) Receive and adopt the annual audited accounts and reports of the officers.
c) Decide on any possible changes to rules or constitution. ( Members must submit these t least 14 days ahead of the meeting to the Secretary. Proof of posting or electronic communication required. )
Any member being in dispute and having all appeal processes, negotiations exhausted, may call an extraordinary meeting, providing they have the support of 10 qualifying voting members.
The member(s) in dispute must cover, upfront, any cost of the notices to members, including postage, stationery and printing costs and other ancillary costs including time. The costs will be advised and must be paid upfront before commencement of the exercise of notifying members of the proposed meeting.
Voting at AGM or EGM
1) Each paid up member shall have one vote providing they have been a member for at least 6 months at the time of the AGM.
2) A majority of more than 50% of those voting is required to pass any proposal. Voting in person by show of hands is the only acceptable voting method.The Chair or vice chair holds any casting vote in the event of a tie.
The Committee shall set the tariff annually. Committee appointees must be members.
The Committee may make charitable donations as it deems fit, subject to normal voting principles.
The Committee should notify members of and appoint a preferred way travel partner who may operate independently of the Supporters Club.
1) The Treasurer should keep clear accounting records and make them available for audit before the AGM
2) An independent auditor is required to examine the books and appointed by the committee.
The Secretary must keep minutes and records of all meetings.
Any winding up of the Club must be ratified by either an AGM or EGM. Any assets remaining shall be distributed in accordance with the wishes of the meeting.